Carl P. Sherr & Co., LLC is making our world a better place, one client at a time. We offer a flexible service model that can achieve success for many client situations. Located in Worcester, Massachusetts – the ‘Heart of the Commonwealth’. Our community is made up of innovators, universities and very soon the home of the Worcester Red Sox. If you are inspired by impact that is hands-on, client driven, and lasting, please get to know us.
Check back for more opportunities
About Carl P Sherr & Co., LLC
- Every client has a story to tell. Are you ready to share in the satisfaction of helping them achieve their goals?
- Work with a firm that has over 50 years of independence and experience. We are constantly innovating and streamlining our financial planning tools and process.
- Go team! Our work environment is collaborative and vested in your success. You will gain valuable insight, motivation and skills in a mentoring relationship.
The job: Here’s what you’ll be doing
The Financial Planning Associate will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the Comprehensive Financial Plans for the firm’s clients. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will help service and maintain current and new relationships and assist in all areas of client support.
- Assist lead planner/principals in relationship management
- Prepare and update financial plans
- Help implement our recommendations and research issues for clients
- Client meeting preparation, meeting follow-up and onboarding new clients
- Technology: Orion, Fidelity Wealthscape, Redail (Tailwag), Bloomberg BNA and eMoney Advisor. Experience preferred, training provided
Our Commitment to you
- No selling: you will not be expected to sell products or commission-based investments. The position does not require a book of transportable business.
- We are nit-picky: Details matter so we expect the best from ourselves and everyone on our team.
- We’re all ears: Got an idea? We value input from everyone on our team.
Qualifications and Education:
- Licenses and credentials: CFP designation is required. We will encourage and support your desire to pursue additional designations and continuing education.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years of experience in financial planning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, confident, professional, detail oriented, efficient, the ability to work independently and as a team member
What We Offer
- We are big fans of getting the work done regardless of location, but this position is required to be in Worcester, MA. Once we get to know you, there will be flexibility to work remotely.
- Competitive compensation with career advancement growth potential
- Continuing education, industry conferences, and other learning opportunities paid for or subsidized by the firm
- SIMPLE IRA with up to 3% employer match
- Company contribution towards group health insurance
- Paid holidays, flexible schedule and paid time off. We’ll structure a package that works for you and us.
- Full time is desired
This is an excellent opportunity for students wishing careers in finance, investment management and/or financial planning, especially for business majors with a concentration in finance! Students with high ethical standards, solid grades and good technology skills are encouraged to apply!
Students would typically work 20 hours per week during the internship between 8 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday and hours can be flexible to work around your class schedule. This is a paid internship.
Internship duties could include:
- Provide administrative support, including typing correspondence, producing reports, creating presentation materials, scheduling appointments and meetings, and preparing client materials as requested/required.
- Ensure phones are promptly answered and routed appropriately, and clients and visitors are greeted promptly and professionally.
- Draft and coordinate internal and external communications as requested/assigned.
- Maintain employee and office files and record retention consistent with policies and requirements.
- Coordinate with leadership to establish and implement office priorities and goals.
- Make suggestions and communicate opportunities as appropriate.
- Participate in projects as needed and assigned.
- Build and maintain effective internal working relationships and support teamwork in meeting company goals.
- May provide general office management oversight and administrative duties.
- May provide support to advisors with coordinating client review meetings and may help provide appropriate materials and information.
- Provide accurate, timely, and effective support for clients, including processing account paperwork and addressing client inquiries and problems.
- Process and follow up on account paperwork, set up client accounts, maintain client files and records, and generate appropriate statements and reporting.
- Promptly and effectively address client inquiries and requests and provide proactive communication and information, as appropriate. Research and resolve problems and appropriately escalate opportunities to the advisors/leaders.
- Complete cashiering responsibilities and ACH/wire/check requests.
- Demonstrated integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality